A blog from the University of Borås

Monday, October 19, 2009

Registering your Swedish personal identity number at the university

Students who have received a Swedish personal identity number should notify the university and exchange this number for your T-number.

Why do this?
This will help you in a number of ways. It will make registering for exams easier. It will also make your life much easier should you wish to stay in Sweden, as they will have documentation of you as a student that would not be possible if you do not change your T-number.

What forms do I need to bring with me?
You can bring one of the following forms with you to register with Ladok.
- A personbevis from the Tax Office (Skatteverket)
- A copy of an official Swedish ID from one of the banks, Tax Office, or a driver's license.
Don't forget to write down your old T-number on the form you hand in.

Where do I leave the forms?
You need to bring one of the forms of ID to the Student Centre (3rd level, B-corridor) and ask them to send it to Ladok.

How long will the change take?
The change will take approximately 3 working days until it is changed in all systems. It will be changed in Ladok, NyA, it will be changed at the ID department, and the academic schools so they can change their systems and lists.

1 comment: