A blog from the University of Borås

Monday, February 15, 2010

Reminder to EU/EEA citizens to register with the Swedish Migration Board

Students from an EU/EEA country (with exception for Nordic and Swiss citizens), who intend to stay in Sweden more than three months, are required to register for their rights to residence, no later than three months after entering Sweden.

How to register
You can apply either electronically or through a regular form at the website of the Swedish Migration Board. Please visit www.migrationsverket.se – in English - Studying in Sweden - EU/EEA citizens and then refer to the section “Different ways of registering” to view links to the form and learn more. Following documents should be enclosed to the application:

-proof of admission to a course programme which is at least at upper secondary school level.
-assurance that you have sufficient funds for your support
-documented proof that you have comprehensive health insurance that is valid in Sweden.

It does not cost anything to apply. More information is available at www.migrationsverket.se – in English - Studying in Sweden - EU/EEA citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment