A blog from the University of Borås

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Greetings

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and in Sweden it is usually celebrated with your family, eating food and exchanging gifts. You can read more about Christmas celebrations in Sweden here. Among other things it says that "Sweden, as we have mentioned, is a large country, and those wishing to be reunited with their families often have to travel far. Train and air tickets need be booked at least two months in advance, and motorists are advised to start their journeys in good time." This is true for me, I had booked tickets several months ago and had to spend all day in a couple of trains to reach my family about 750 km up north. The public holidays in Sweden during Christmas are Christmas Day 25 December and Boxing Day 26 December as well as New Years Eve 31 December and New Years Day 1 January. Almost all of these days coincide with weekends this year.

I would like to, once again, say thank you to all students who have left or will leave Borås this semester. I hope you enjoyed your studies at the University of Borås. And don't forget to fill in the survey I sent you! And thanks to all of you who attended the Christmas party, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
I will be back at the office on 3 January.

No comments:

Post a Comment