A blog from the University of Borås

Friday, October 21, 2011

Insurance for exchange students from outside the EU

Exchange students (students from our partner universities) coming from outside the EU/EEA are insured through "The Swedish State's Insurance for Foreign Students in Sweden". This insurance only covers emergency health care (including emergency dental care for a cost of maximum 3000 SEK). It does not cover property or losses from burglary, robbery, and other theft. So if you don't have a private insurance for this, it could be good to get one (for example a travel insurance from your home country) and make sure to be careful with your things!

No comments:

Post a Comment