A blog from the University of Borås

Friday, October 14, 2011

The proposal about residence permit for jobseekers

At the end of March 2011 a proposal about letting students with residence permits stay for six months in Sweden after their graduation to search for jobs was presented. There are some rumours going that this has already come into force. This is not the case. The rules have not yet changed. This is still only a proposal.

The only way now for students with residence permits to stay and search for jobs after they are finished with their studies is to apply for a residence permit "to visit". But if they are then offered a job they need to apply for the work permit from their home country. It cannot be done from Sweden.

No comments:

Post a Comment